Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Two more weeks gone

        Well we haven't really had good enough wifi to post In a while, so here are some things that have happened over the past couple weeks.

-we help the cutest people everyday and I love them all so much.
This is my friend named Precious. She just wanted to be held
ALL day long. 
-Last week one of the guys in our group had to go home. He was sick and it got to the point where he couldn't even drink water without feeling nauseous. Since there is only a week and a half left, he decided going to the doctor in America would be a lot better than dealing with that here. He was super frustrated and bummed to go home but it would be better for him not to get worse. Since then he hasn't said what he got but I'm pretty sure he is doing much better.
-it has rained a lot, and by rain, I mean it dumps buckets and floods everything
-one of the girls had a brother get his mission call last week and he was called to serve here in Ghana! So that's pretty cool
-my email got hacked, sorry to all of you who got an email from me. I guess it's common in places like this. My password has since been changed so that's good.
-we are still celebrities everywhere we go, and we continue to make people die laughing when we speak to them in the little Twi we know.
-I have tried almost all the foods they have to offer. Let's just say, I am so excited for some veggies and regular food. I don't think I ever want to eat snacks again.
The garden place we went to was so pretty!
-we went to this garden place and it was actually really cool. It was very hands on and beautiful. Afterwards some people went to the beach (nobody from California cared to swim so we didn't stay long haha the water was filled with trash and it was just smelling so nasty and we can all easily go to the beach so we went to the Accra market for a bit which is said to be the biggest in the world? I don't know if I believe it but it sounds cool to believe.
-we had some more volunteers come. We have now brought 8 people to church, and two are locals that have been having FHE with us every week too and love it.
-there is a mom and her 12 year old daughter here for a week. They are so lucky they are with BYU college students rather than some party school group of college students. We are a good, safe time.
-I feel 100% comfortable walking around, going to get dinner at night or to the store or to get fruit. Even if I'm just with one other person. Don't worry, I'm being safe.
-we all got invited over for dinner on Sunday! It was so fun! We all went to their house and they fed us a super delicious meal and then we all went around and told a little about our families and what not and then had a prayer and left. It was so nice to be in a home for Sunday dinner
-this lady who was selling little bracelets saw I had gum and so she asked to trade me my gum for two bracelets...a little while later she realized the pack of gum only had two pieces left, so I gave her a little bag gold fish as well haha
They loved knowing we were all members too!
-we had a big LDS family come through and they were so cute. They all got their eyes checked and got glasses and what not so that was fun to talk to them.
-I went to the temple with my friend Emily and we finally delivered that see's candy from aunt Colette! (Sorry it took 5 weeks of being in Africa. Hopefully it was still good)
-we tried watermelon oranges! They were crazy but actually good!
-there are 50 billion more things that happened but that is all I have time for right now.

I love you all and I love Ghana. But I definitely love the people here in Ghana!
This is a lady I helped who loved me haha. We have the same Ghana name (Abana) and so she wanted to be best friends. I asked to take a picture with her and she said "can I wear my new specks you got me?"  

This was one of the trees at the garden we went to that was all carved out and symbolic 

This tree at the garden we went to was all carved out because the original tree died so you could climb up inside of it.

Best thing in the world. The doughnut things we eat, with Nutella inside and fanice on top. So glad we tried it 

Watermelon oranges!! So crazy! 

We stopped at one of the most famous bridges in Ghana on the way home and it was beautiful. 

My cute friends helping me count down the days until I get married :) 

I'm just obsessed with the flat palm tree things that the temple grounds has. They are so cool! 



No comments:

Post a Comment